Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Time is a Four-Letter Word.....

Never seem to have enough time. I should sit down and write more, but I always seem to find something "more important." I apologize for that. I'll try to be better about keeping up-to-date.

Lots has happened. We did go up and see the boat in Canada. She is a 1928 Hoffar-Beeching 68 ft. yacht. She needs a lot of work, but she is sound. The engines have been completely rebuilt, and are sitting in a tire shop in Vancouver. The guy who owns it is an intriguing individual. He is a chain-smoking (Oo, my FAVORITE) and I believe "hard-drinking" may also apply. The boat is in it's present state because of him. About 10 yrs ago he ran it into some rocks and ripped some holes into the bottom (all of which has been repaired). He seems to have gotten behind with things, having torn everything out of the boat in order to deal with the sinking of the boat. Everything has been removed. Some bits here, some bits there--some bits will have to be remade. Peeling paint, leaking roof, decks needing sealing. He has done none of it. Maybe it's just time for a new prespective, time for him to be out and us to be in. There is no shortage of work on the boat--and there is no shortage of work here, either. I'm a bit overwhelmed, truth be told.

Add to that changes at Vince's work, trying to get things sold or given away, cleaned up, sort and scrap. It's a whole lot to be looking squarely in the face, but I'm coping. Make small goals everyday, and don't get overwhelmed. It's a clever balancing act. Some days are better than others for me. My goal right now is getting the cars we want to sell cleaned up and ready. We have the 1970 VW camper bus, 1962 Mercedes 220 SEB coupe and the 1957 oval window bug. They should keep me pretty busy for the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment