Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Keep on Truckin'......

Today I didn't accomplish a ton of manual labor. I did finish the taxes--took me about an hour from start to finish. Because of the kids going to college (Ben last year) we get money back. Yay....anytime you get money back from the government it's a good thing.

I have to say, even though we are moving at a break-neck pace, getting to the point we have everything gone that is going to go will be a serious relief. I wish that process would could move faster sometimes. It's like we made the decision to make this incredible life-changing move, but there is so much work to do before we can get there. I think about the fact that it took 15 years (more, actually--some of it came here with us) to collect all of this stuff. It will take time to dispatch it all. The fact that we are willing to say goodbye to all of it is miracle enough. The realization that it's all just "stuff" that is holding us back from achieving our dreams. Baby steps....when I want to RUN! I have to remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Still, I keep thinking about the freedom we will have and all I want to do is climb the wall and make a run for it.

This coming weekend we are heading up to Canada to see the boat we are thinking of purchasing. Maybe this will be a welcome break. Get away from everything and come back Monday refreshed and ready to take on the work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment