Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sit Down, Shut up....

It's so hard to sit down and write these days--still so much up in the air. We now have a 68 ft. yacht in Canada (sitting and waiting for us to come and love it), a house and farm--7 acres and (less) critters. We have cars, trucks, tractors, collectibles to re-home--and it's an uphill battle to sell them. Amazingly great stuff, nobody has the money to buy them. We're dealing with it all--hoping and working towards the goal. I vacillate between being thrilled with what we are doing, to being entirely overwhelmed. Happily, I'm moving more towards being thrilled....I have my days, like everyone.
On another front--I have successfully dealt with culling people out of my life that I have found too negative to deal with. For many, many years I have accepted that WORST behavior from people. I just thought that with friends you should look for the best in people, and overlook the flaws. That's what friends do, right? I challenge that by saying that negative energy begets negative energy. Choosing to move people out of your life can be very liberating. This is not to say that the people themselves are the problem. It's a matter of the mix--you+friend=whatever energy that creates. I am much more selfish about my time, who I choose to spend time with and taking the time I need to have to concentrate on my life issues. People are thinking this is just a "temporary" situation, that I will bring people back into my life after this whole life-change is finished with. This is not the case. I feel so great about what I'm doing that I'm going to continue on this path. I want to surround myself with people who understand they are worthy of success, and bring a lighter feeling into the world.
The whole cleaning/down-sizing/life-change is moving along, perhaps not as fast as I'd like--but as a very wise friend said yesterday over coffee--"live minute to minute." That's what I'm doing. Makes things easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment